Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tacorice Panda Bento

Tacorice Panda Bento by sherimiya ♥
Tacorice Panda Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today's easy bento is the kind that goes well in the donburi bento bowl: tacorice. MisterMan prefers tacos the regular way, in a tortilla, but I convinced TinySprite to go for the tacorice because it's much neater that way. Especially when you're a preschooler. I layered seasoned ground turkey atop mixed (millet quinoa brown) rice, followed by cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. We added sliced avocados at dinner, but if I sent them to school for lunch they might turn brown by lunchtime. I've been meaning to try sprinkling them with lime juice to see if it would keep them green; I'll remember to try it one of these days. The top tier contains a rainbow of fruit: strawberries, cara cara orange chunks, and blackberries. I mean, how quick and easy is that? Add a cute fruit pick and it's done in minutes. My favorite kind of bento to pack ^_^

2 comments: