Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mouse Wraps Tiffin Bento


Mouse Wraps Tiffin Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
This bento is another example of no-cook bento. I just realized that I have posted several no-cook bento lunches in the past few weeks, possibly due to the hectic nature of back-to-school and the feeling of having no time as we transition back into the school routine. Sound familiar? It's a good idea to have a series of no-cook bento ideas to fall back on in times like this, just in case you find yourself too busy or tired or maybe you just forgot to go grocery shopping in time. Oh, that's just me? Oops. Anyway, we'd just got back from a Labor Day weekend out of town, and I wasn't in the mood to cook anything after unpacking and all in the 80F heat. So my boy got turkey dog rollups with cheddar, spinach, roasted red peppers, and baby dills in a whole wheat tortilla. I cut it into three pieces and held the wraps together with leaf picks. Then, as I was looking at the three cross-sections, I noticed they looked like little faces with pickle ears, so I decided to add some nori faces. I put the fruit assortment into a stainless steel cup (strawberries, grapes, rasp- and blueberries), then filled in the gaps with steamed broccoli and little baby tomatoes. I also stuck in two tri-color (pink, purple and orange) carrot skewers; I think they look so pretty just aligned together like that. No need to even cut shapes with them. I put everything in my round stainless steel tiffin, which always seems so cool during the hot days. This one comes with a top, shallow tier but I left it out and the lid fastens on perfectly well without it. Score! Totally love this box a lot!

18 comments:

  1. Loving that tiffin round shaped box too! Also love the carrot skewers. Yummy! Such cute little faces.. No cook bentos, I love! So me.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Especially on those long, lazy days of... can we still say summer?
    Thanks Chantale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MRB tiffin-style! A no-ccok bento is a fabulous idea for the rush-rush days!

    Cute little "mouses" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debra! Can't ever go wrong with SSMRB. It may be sheer perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The carrot skewers are nice, I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "forget" to go to the grocery store a good bit :) For not having a ton of fresh cooked food, this bento turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I also forget to do grocery (specially when I know I won´t find anything super duper there) eheheh XD.
    So lovely mice!
    And the little stainless steel cup is so great.. keeps the fruits safely and fresh.. you are so wise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so the mice inside the wraps really happened by accident? that's amazing, they really do look like perfect little ears (kind of remind me of susan's spam bunny sushi rolls). the peppers, pickles, and turkey sound like a great flavor combo, too. you've got beautiful tomatoes and carrots in this one -- i agree, when produce is that colorful and gorgeous, no real need to further adorn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower. found you on twitter. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! I love how you used your smaller to hold the fruit. :) One of the mice looks so sleepy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing and the little faces are adorable. So jealous you have purple carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot Lisa, OhayoBento, karaimame, megan, coolkids, Susan and Mommyof2girlz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching up on your blog...this one is soo cute! ah love it.

    ReplyDelete